more concurrent torrents something happens with the fat slice and/or
its driver. All programs trying to access the slice will freeze and
this even includes the Gnome desktop. During shutdown, flushing of a
little more than 1600 buffers fails.
   I run 6.2-release. Does the FAT driver contain known concurrency
issues, and can I work around them by using certain mount

don't thing of msdosfs as high performance filesystem. it was writted to just works to be able to copy file to/from this.

use UFS on FreeBSD.