I am usually not the one to bring up these things but I feel very
strongly about this. Starting Monday, November 12 this website is
offering a give one get one deal. I believe the money will be well
invested. YMMV
http://xogiving.org/

I have to agree with many posters, this project is the most seriously misdirected, biggest crock of shit I've heard of in years.

We're talkin' people in 3rd world conditions, without basic essentials of life, and some idiot wants to give them COMPUTERS?!?!? WFT? Where are they gonna get electricity to charge them, instruction in use, repair, software updates, etc. And they don't have toilet paper, so all the keys on the left half are gonna go bad!

  -R