Check for bruteblock or sshit
in /usr/ports/security

i got bruteblock installed and it works for 3 months already, blocking bruteforcers from all over the world :)

Grant Peel wrote:
Hi all,

I am getting lots of brute force attacks on my proftpd server and was wondering if anyone knows of a way for IPFW to check incomming connections and automagicaly block an IP for a period of time when too many connections are made on a port, or if any Proftpd gurus out there know if there is a mod that does the same thing. I have mod_Delay installed, but it does not seem to help much.

TIA,

-Grant