Dino Vliet wrote:
> Toni Schmidbauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: At Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:43:11
> -0700 (PDT),
> Dino Vliet wrote:
>
>>    from time to time, Xorg crashes and won't restart (especially when I'm
>> using firefox) and I have found firefox.core, gnash.core and metacity.core
>> files in my home directory afterwards
>>

> i actually have the same problems, but i'm using the nv driver (quadro
> fx 560). i think this is somehow related to xorg and
> gnash/firefox. can you try to disable the gnash plugin in firefox? i'm
> not completely sure but xorg seems to be more stable since then.
>
> toni

What version of pixman do you have installed? I experienced the same
problems under pixman 0.9.5, and found that they are fixed in 0.9.6.
FreeBSD has since updated the related port to match the new version.

In my case, evince and swfdec were causing the crashing pretty reliably.
I originally attributed the problem to swfdec, but after some GDBing, I
found that it was happening in pixman.

PR: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=117854
--
Coleman Kane