my jails server (6.2-p8) just ran portupgrade fine, and cups was one of its
items it updated:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# pkg_info | grep cups-
cups-base-1.3.3_2   Common UNIX Printing System

but my 7.0-b2 desktop, refuses to build the same package:

===>  cups-base-1.3.3_2 has known vulnerabilities:
=> cups -- off-by-one buffer overflow.
   Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/8dd9722c-8e97-11dc-b8f6-001c2514716c.html>
=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

what would be the differences between the 2 systems that one would build it,
and the other reject the same port?  ive not tweaked any port security
settings on either one, so this is some curious behavior to me.

thanks,
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org