Jonathan Horne wrote:
lately, ive been exclusively doing 'make package-recursive' and 'portupgrade -apP', and have thus collected quite a lot of packages over the past 6 months (which use to keep multiple systems updated).

on my NFS server, my /usr/ports/packages/All directory has built up many incrementing versions of the same packages. is there a way to keep the ./All directory culled back match whatever is in ./Latest?

im not a programmer and am about as novice as you can get when it comes to shell scripting, but im seeing somethign that could compare ./Latest with ./All, and anything that is linked from Latest to All would be kept, and anything that no longer has a symlink, would be purged.

can anyone help me out with a nice way of doing this?

I think that's what portsclean -P is all about.

--
Regards,
Doug