On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 19:20:06 +0100
Erik Cederstrand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You'll have to answer that yourself. How valuable is your data? What are
> you trying to protect? If you're worrying about getting cracked and used
> as a spam bot, jails are no more secure than a non-jail system.

Maybe some qualification is needed here.

If your mail jail gets broken into, then it will still be used as a spambot.

But your host (the machine in which your jails run in) wouldn't have been
compromised, necessarily, by the fact that the jail got compromised. Having
root on a jail  (if that's what we are talking about by 'compromised' )
shouldn't affect your host machine. Unless there is some other vulnerability
that can be used, of course.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The more I see the less I know for sure."
  John Lennon

Warned.