On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:50:36AM -0800, kev sadasda wrote:

> I forgot to explain that my computer is behind a home
> router connected to the cable modem. The dhcp server
> is working on the router it gives me an ip address in
> windows. So I think the problem is that freebsd isnt
> finding the server. It is failing with dhcpdiscover on
> dc0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
> interval.. But I dont know what to do about that.

That helps make things more clear.

I am not very knowledgeable about using DHCP and setting up routers
(I am spoiled by being in a very highspeed net with fixed addresses
for every system I need)

so hopefully someone else will weigh in.

Is your router functioning as a firewall too?
Maybe you have to look in to passive ftp.

////jerry