On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 02:40:18PM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:

>    Even though audio CDs use the ISO-9660 standard, they aren't really
> mountable (depends on how you look at the problem, i.e. what OS you use,
> and what audio playing app you use).
>    Specifying the /dev node or mount point (via the application /
> plugin preferences), without trying to mount the actual disk, will most
> likely yield the results you want.
> Cheers,
> -Garrett

        Well, live 'n' learn. Of course, then mmore you think aboutit,
        the CD's and DVD's are read-only.   No need to mount them.
        One of these decades, I'll write up a long article on how-to use
        these disks; and how to copy  them as well.  It alll works;
        it's just more autoomated under the Ubuntu fork of Debian....

        gary