On Nov 18, 2007, at 12:27 AM, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:

jekillen wrote:
Hello:
I have installed Cyrus23 from ports and then read
the pkg-message and it has references to
/usr/local/cyrus and usr/local/etc/imapd.conf
both of which do not exist.
FreeBSD 6.2
Wouldn't the install have created these?
I have lots of docs on Cyrus and Postfix
but none specific to how ports does this.
I have postfix installed and running. Do I
have to redo it with cyrus support. One of
the documents I have seems to say yes.
I do not see anything specific in the
handbook.
Thanks in advance for guidance, suggestions
info, whatever;

Hi,
Look in:
/usr/local/share/examples/cyrus-imapd
where you can find skeleton config files.
Please note that you *must* configure your system to your enviroment, it will *not* work out-of-the-box.

I finally got it. I did not run make install, Silly me.
I have gone over the file Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO
and it does not actually indicate rebuilding Postfix with Cyrus
support. It just explains how to configure it for Cyrus.
For me, this is an ambitious learning process.
This file Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO is written for Linux
systems for the most part, so I have to translate into FreeBSD-ese.
I did run make install and now the missing dirs and files are there.
Now, for the actual configurations.
Thank you for your response;
Jeff K