Folks,

        Long-short-short, at least two Gnome-type players work:
        sound-juicer and gnome-cd.  But KsCD gives no audio.

        I am logged in as root while doing this initial testing,
        after Roland Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, noted that my
        mountpoints had to be chown'd to [username].   I do want to use
        tools like K3B so the cc to the kde-freebsd list.    But still
        wondering, even tho I can get the KDE CD play  to display, and to
        act as tho it is working---the digits count, the slider moves:
        nothing from the speakers.  When I bring up gnome-cd, I have
        audio.

        Suggestions from KDE-land, please?

        thanks for some light,

        gary