Bill Moran schrieb:

Hey all.

I see i386-unknown as a build target all the time.

So my (possibly silly) question is: what's the unknown variable here? And why isn't it?

I seem to remember a conversation about this, and that the original
spec for that string required a "physical location" after the architecture.

I'm guessing that at the time it was very important to know which of
the few physical machines did the job.

If my memory is reliable, it's not that the information is "unknown", it's
just that nobody cares any more, therefore nobody bothers to enter the
physical location information.

Well, I actually have i386-portbld-7,0-BETA3.
How does that fit?