On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 06:56:15PM -0700, Chad Perrin wrote:

> I think it's kind of a chicken-and-egg problem: we don't really know for
> sure whether TOFU[1] posting spurred much of the rise of illiteracy or
> the increase of relative illiteracy on the Internet led to an increase in
> TOFU posting.  Which came first?

I forgot to include the footnote about TOFU in the preceding message.  It
would have looked something like this:

[1]: TOFU = Text Over, Fullquote Under; the most common format of top
posted replies

MacUser, Nov. 1990: "There comes a time in the history of any project when
it becomes necessary to shoot the engineers and begin production."