Ivan Voras wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Hello,
>>    How stable is FreeBSD 7 Beta 3? Is it near production are their any
>> outstanding issues?
>
> Probably no major bugs will be fixed between now and 7.0 so you might as
> well start using it now.
>
> It's "stable enough" like all .0 releases, meaning you should throughly
> test it for your own workload before using it in production.

Just curious, what is the "official" forum for pre-release discussions?
I notice there are some threads on the "current" list, but it seems to
me that this is really "questions" stuff, since it is an upcoming release.

In any case, I tried the boot-only CD, and I was not able to install any
packages during the install process.  Sysinstall aborted with Signal 11
when trying to read INDEX from the ftp site.  Pkg_add from the command
line seems to work, however, so it looks like I may get online from
7.0-BETA3 tomorrow.

Moreover, wasn't there supposed to be a new install program?  I have
read some promising remarks about it, but it's certainly not part of
7.0-BETA3.  Personally, I would much rather type a long list of commands
than use the old, rickety sysinstall.
--
    Tore