Frank Shute wrote:
On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 08:02:44PM +0100, Kris Kennaway wrote:
Andy Greenwood wrote:
Aryeh Friedman wrote:
Before I file a PR I just want to know if it is worth it to file a PR for:

make -j1000 buildworld buildkernel installkernel
seg faulting
I thought that the kernel builds couldn't be built using parallel jobs, that it might break something. Is that not true?
Not true for many years.

From /usr/src/UPDATING:

        "Avoid using make -j when upgrading.  From time to time in the
        past there have been problems using -j with buildworld and/or
        installworld.  This is especially true when upgrading between
        "distant" versions (eg one that cross a major release boundary
        or several minor releases, or when several months have passed
        on the -current branch)"

Should this be changed then?

Maybe.

Kris