Brian wrote:
There's a thread on the -stable list about 8 cores being an issue in a very specific case. I couldn't imagine setting j to something more than 2x or 3x at the most of your available cores.

So it's okay by you that freebsd utilities crash when you overload them? Not to me ;-)

BTW, Aryeh, posting 800KB of your buildworld output to the mailing list is exceedingly lame and doesn't help anything. Please study the gdb trace provided by Bruce: that is the kind of debugging that was required here, not huge amounts of irrelevant text from your console.

Kris