Hello Jack:

On Nov 29, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Jack Raats wrote:

Hi

While running make installworld my computer crashed. (FreeBSD 6.2-p9 kernel) At this moment the system misses some of the elf libs. Running in single user mode and running make installworld again gives all kind of errors

Any leads to solve this problem??

Jack

Right out of the handbook.

23.4.14.6. What do I do if something goes wrong?

Make absolutely sure your environment has no extraneous cruft from earlier builds. This is simple enough.

# chflags -R noschg /usr/obj/usr
# rm -rf /usr/obj/usr
# cd /usr/src
# make cleandir
# make cleandir
Yes, make cleandir really should be run twice.

Then restart the whole process, starting with make buildworld.

</quote>

Regards,

Mike