At 02:14 PM 12/4/2007, David Banning wrote:
>      running the java filemanager - same goes for attempting to run
>      mindterm-ssh. Is there some plain text editor program
>      out there that will allow me to simply login and edit my files in
>      plain text - (not a gui html editor) ?
>
>    I use putty to ssh to remote servers and use vi to edit files once
>    logged in to the server.

But putty has be installed on the machine you are working on, right?

I need to have access on, say a library computer, where no local software
can be installed. I can log in to webmin and edit the files via their
file manager.  The actual edit process does -not- appear to be java,
but the file manager to select the file -is- java so I can't select
the file to edit.

Putty is pretty much standalone executable, at least the one for Windows is, you can run it from a thumb drive.

If you need a web based application, you can install firefox on a thumb drive as well.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.