When i display character 208 in my console and move my mouse, i see the strangest things.
FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p8, with default screenmap and console settings.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~whendrik/download/mouse

wget and cat that file in a console to see the effect.

I tried it on my laptop and desktop PC with same kernel. Anyone else experience this problem/effect? I think it should be a pi character upside down, mostly used to draw
tables in combination with other characters...

Mouse cursor mapping artifact. In text mode on PC hardware, the mouse pointer has to be mapped to a character in order to show "fancy" pointer. Nothing to worry about.

-Reko