> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >

> > Percentage Change in November from October:
> >
> >            Overall           - 2.5%
> >
> > Broken down as:
> >
> >            DesktopBSD       + 31.8%  ( 737 hosts)
> >            DragonFly        +  9.5%  (  23 hosts)
> >            FreeBSD          +  8.4%  (5008 hosts)
> >            GNU/kFreeBSD     -100.0%  (   0 hosts)
> >            MidnightBSD      +133.3%  (  14 hosts)
> >            MirBSD           - 28.6%  (   5 hosts)
> >            NetBSD           +  7.2%  ( 119 hosts)
> >            OpenBSD          + 11.3%  (  79 hosts)
> >            PC-BSD           - 13.5%  (6551 hosts)
>
> When I go to www.bsdstats.org, I see these figures:
>
>       Systems
> This Month    Percentage
> FreeBSD       5,041   67.5 %

Oh no!  This is now 5044!

> PC-BSD                1,997   26.7 %
> DesktopBSD    241     3.2 %
> NetBSD                99      1.3 %
> OpenBSD       56      0.7 %
> DragonFly     24      0.3 %
> MidnightBSD   12      0.2 %
>
> So, what's happening here?

When you install the stats program it registers you, then the sites
statistics get updated.

> Is it too early in December for some BSD
> varieties to report yet?

I've no idea what you're imagining this program does ...

> Whatever the answer, PC-BSD has hardly lost
> more than 2/3 of its users since November, so something is fishy here.

Huh?

> In any case, it would be nice to see a DATE somewhere on these pages.

Date of what?  The stats are live.

> Thanks for your efforts, BTW.  I just ran bsdstats myself.

See.  This is your fault, if people like you keep installing it, the
numbers will keep changing!

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com