Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> We started using FreeBSD for some network monitoring, but have found
> that a hard reboot forces us to answer filesytem questions on boot. Is
> there a way to mount each filesystem without this? Or how can we use
> FreeBSD in a remote location without needing to intervene in
> situatutions like this?

This is unusual in my experience, part of the charm of FreeBSD for me is
how rarely I have had to interact with fsck thanks to the whole
background fsck thing. What version of FreeBSD are you using?

Assuming a 5.x or later since you say you've started to use FreeBSD.

What is the value of background_fsck in /etc/rc.conf ?

You can also try setting fsck_y_enable="YES" in rc.conf (this will do
fsck -y if the initial preen fails.)

Vince