I am running FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE with my last successful kernel build
on 11/1/07.

I successfully have built two kernels, one a couple of weeks
ago and one just today but when I attempt to boot them these new kernels
are not able to identify my boot partition.

When I query the devices that the kernel sees during the boot failure
all I see is an ad14 device(Which doesn't exist) and acd0.

When I select the old kernel it boots without a problem. My boot device
is ad10s1 which the November 1st kernel finds without a problem.

I'm running a generic SMP kernel.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Mark Jacobs