Drew Tomlinson wrote:
I'm trying to use cron to run a script on the first Sunday of every month at 0930. I used this entry in the crontab:

# Run 1st Sunday at 0930 - Fulls
30 9 1-7 * 7 /usr/local/scripts/backup_bootstrap.sh

Yet this script just ran on Thursday, December 6 at 0930. Why? I just added it to cron so I don't know if it will run on any other days.

See crontab(5), which says:

 Note: The day of a command's execution can be specified by two fields --
    day of month, and day of week.  If both fields are restricted (ie, are
    not *), the command will be run when either field matches the current
    time.  For example, ``30 4 1,15 * 5'' would cause a command to be run at
    4:30 am on the 1st and 15th of each month, plus every Friday.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey