Folks,

        IFF k3b works, and I think it might, I'll put up a howto
        on  my bsd virtual site.   Make this domain more useful.
        The help from this group has been outstanding, but getting things
        CD and DVD actually working has been a study in persseverancce.

        That said,  first,if there is a website for total dweebs, please
        post it; or send it privately.  I just bought some "Memorex
        DVD+RW" ; I want to record a 117 minute commercial DVD.
        On the back on the DVDs is says these are only good for 60 minutes
        in great qualty; it is good up to 120 minutes, and so on.
        Nutshell: how good will k3b and my Pioneer burner do on dubbing
        this professioally recorded disc?  Also, Does thw "RW" mean tthat
        I can re-tape over this with another edu DVD?

        gary

        PS:  I much prefer analogue cassettes; I've been taping stuff
             since I taped "American Bandstand" off the TV :-)