Pollywog wrote:
On Sunday 09 December 2007 03:26:19 Predrag Punosevac wrote:
Pollywog wrote:
On Sunday 09 December 2007 02:17:21 Predrag Punosevac wrote:
Saned (Sane Daemon)  is included in the standard distribution of
sane-backhands. I checked sane-utils on the Debian web-site and seems it
is just idiotic GUI.
I was using Debian and I now use Ubuntu and FreeBSD.  The sane-utils
package contains files that I edit in order to have the ability to scan
from any machine on my LAN that runs Linux.  The files are
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf and also saned.conf and net.conf in the same
directory.
Then look the /usr/local/etc/sane.d You already have all files you need
to have.

Debian is known for fine grinding of packages so I would not be
surprised that they divided generic sane-backhand package in several part.
That is a very good practice but unfortunately FreeBSD does not have
that man power and the user base to do the same.

Would you be so kind than to write how to for network scanning. It would
be very good if you could append Handbook article about scanning. I have
no clue whom you should contact with the offer to contribute the article
for Handbook.

Since it has been some time since I tried to get HPLIP to work with my computer, I am going to attempt it again. If I am successful, I will post something about it.

HPLIP works like a charm on FreeBSD http://dsteinbrook.googlepages.com/hpliponfreebsd

I thought we were discussing sane-backhands and network scanning.
Best,
Predrag