Michael Smith wrote:
Hello All:

I am trying to configure a round-robin group of Name Servers that respond on to and from a single address.

I want the following to occur:

1) DNS query from 10.211.128.1 to 10.212.1.1 is redirected to a pool of name servers
2) One of the name servers responds to the query
3) The response shows a source address of 10.212.1.1, not the actual name server

I know this does not answer your question, but, what's the point? DNS isn't exactly the kind of task that knocks over a server. If you want redundancy, then the correct way to do it is to add NS entries to your zone files.

I simply let my register transfer the zone file daily, works fine. If you need to update the zone file regularly just reduce the max age of the zone.

Cheers, Erik

--
Erik Nørgaard
Ph: +34.666334818                           http://www.locolomo.org