Chris Whitehouse wrote:
Predrag Punosevac wrote:

My Dear Friend,

You will have to wait for a very long time then since all of the above except Flash (which Adobe does release for Linux but not for FreeBSD) works flawlessly on FreeBSD including watching YouTube (just use youtube-dl to snap the video and play with VLC). There are even alternative solutions for the Flash unless you want to play video games full of Flash!

I tried youtube-dl but every url I tried gave
youtube-dl: No match.

eg

%youtube-dl http://youtube.com/watch?v=gpIM3nBR2ZA
youtube-dl: No match.

I even installed the latest version.

Do only certain videos work? Do you have an example that works?

Thanks and apologies for hijacking your thread.

Chris

%youtube-dl "http://youtube.com/watch?v=gpIM3nBR2ZA";
Retrieving video webpage... done.

needs quotes...