People,

        I sent this update hours ago.  I had  a typo and it bounced.

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery Subsystem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

        Maybe somebody can share some insights. k3b says that
        everything looks good, I can punch up the right places to
        read my DVD, but it  refuses to burn.  The first
        diagnostic says that /tmp/kde-k3d (?) didn't have enough
        room.  This after the DVD was already read, which seems
        a bit strange.. So I moved the tmp space to
        /usr/tmp/kde-k3b.
        Again, it read the entire disc but again refused to write
        my blank disc. The diagnostics indicated that dd was
        faulting.  So to be certain it wasn't a space issue I
        moved over to /storage/tmp/<> where I've got 93GB free.
        BZZZZT.  SAme thing.

        I've chowned cdrecord and cdrdao suid .  I understand
        octcal better than characters.  But I did a
        chmod u+s on both binaries.   If not right, what is thee
        character and the octal (please) to chmod a binary suid??

        I just build k9copy and will try it.  (i Have a few other
        questions related to this stuff, but first, I'd just like
        to get k3b working.)

        thanks,

        gary

        PS: the only new thing of note is that now k3b thinks my blank in
        "medium-sized" and asks me to insert a double.   I can't figure out
        if there is anyplace to do any more configs.   And my Memorex
        DVD-RW discs hold up to 360 minutes.   Nutshell, I'm wedged.  Or
        really, lost... .