Hi,

I tried to install FreeBSD from an existing Debian 4.0 Linux installation with "Depenguinator 1.1". Depenguinator failed due to a wide range of incompatibilities caused by gcc-4.0 and the beta code used in Depenguinator. Next I built an image under my local Mac OS X 10.5 with QEMU - but the next step would have been to copy the image via dd to harddisk of the remote server. The problem is that Linux doesn't support ufs and the additional ufs- tools either won't compile because of gcc-4.0, current Linux kernel etc. . I don't have the possibility to use KVM-over-Ethernet - but I can ask a technician to boot from a CD-ROM. The problem here is that the neither the bootonly.iso or one of the others automatically start SSH and connect via DHCP… don't they?

So... is there another way to start a remote installation?

Best Regards,