Halid Faith schrieb:
I have a file named file1 which contains some values.
I want to replace some strings into it, so I use sed command but I get an error.

sed "s#oldstring#`cut -d, -f3 file2`#"  file1

sed: 1: "s/yenidomain2/f0b2875d- ...": unterminated substitute in regular
expression

also I get an error with awk command into sed;
sed "s#oldstring#`awk -F, '{print$3}' file2`#"    file1
sed: 1: "s#yenidomain2#f0b2875d- ...": unterminated substitute in regular
expression
Sure you know what you are doing?
You are giving probably various linefeeds to your substitution (assuming file2 has more than one line). E.G. 'awk <...> file2' produces as many lines as there are in file2. But the substitution in sed has to be a string-like expression with no line feeds.

There for the "unterminated substitution" error.

Rg, Tino