On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Chad Perrin wrote:

I ran across this today:

 http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/

Title:
 Csh Programming Considered Harmful

I wonder what responses I might get here, and how much of this applies to
tcsh as well (I'm still not exactly a tcsh expert).

I like csh/tcsh as a shell, but don't use it to run scripts.

/bin/sh is the One True Shell Script Interpreter; heathen bashisms are just as bad as csh constructs.

When you can't use a higher-level language (Perubython), use shell scripts. But stick to plain sh, because if it's useful you'll probably end up having to convert it to sh anyway.