Am Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007 16:27:42 schrieb RW:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:06:25 -0800
>
> "Ted Mittelstaedt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Consider also that the majority of webinterfaces to mailservers
> > are written using the uw-c-client imap libraries.  So you go ahead
> > and install dovecot - then watch when you install a webinterface
> > the port manager sucking in the uw imap stuff anyway.  Might as
> > well run the uw imap server if your going to run the uw libraries.
>
> None of the major webmail clients appear to depend on cclient
> <snip>

_The_ major webmail clients (Horde-IMP and SquirrelMail come to mind as the
most used ones immediately) are written in PHP and require the IMAP extension
for PHP (to do IMAP), which in turn depends on cclient, so basically the
major webmail clients do depend on cclient (even though indirectly).

Why the cclient dependency (for the IMAP extension of PHP) doesn't show up in
your grepping of ports I don't know, but it's an easy check for you to test
that the IMAP extension for PHP either comes with cclient bundled, or with a
dependency on it that's slightly hidden in the Makefile.

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development