On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 12:32:30PM -0500, Adam Mazza wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Andrew Chadwick wrote:
>
> > I get a "No disks found" during the disk partitioning phase of a FreeBSD
> > Standard install using the image at <ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/
> > releases/sparc64/ISO-IMAGES/5.0/5.0-RELEASE-sparc64-miniinst.iso> on the
> > office's spare Ultra Enterprise 1.
> [...]
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/hardware-sparc64.html#AEN61
>
> fas device isn't supported.

Rats. I'd read that and skipped it in the hope that it might just work,
being unfamiliar with Sun hardware, and not seeing the string "fas" in
the device tree paths.

> You can try and run the U1 as a diskless
> client. There's a good article on that at www.daemonnews.org

Thanks for your prompt help. NetBSD might be a better idea here, and I
mainly want to play with the thing.

        Regards,

--
Andrew Chadwick