On 12/18/2007 2:17 AM Chad Perrin said the following:
On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 11:06:15AM +0530, Girish Venkatachalam wrote:
[snip]
If FFS2 and EXT3 are ruled out, then what is remaining? ;)

XFS?

Maybe?

My impression is that there isn't good UFS support in Linux, and that
stable ext3 support is read-only in FreeBSD.  If that's the case, then it
really does seem to come down to a matter of figuring out whether XFS,
JFS, or ReiserFS (to throw out a few examples) have stable read/write
support in both Linux and FreeBSD systems.
I use XFS on a Gentoo Linux distribution for a MythTV box and it has performed well for me. I've lost power on several occasions and the filesystem has remained intact. However I recall reading somewhere that XFS is better tuned for large files (such as the TV recordings that are 2+ Gb each) so you may want to check that before settling.

I have no idea about XFS on FreeBSD.

[snip]

HTH,

Drew