On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 02:30:32PM -0500, Robert Huff wrote:
> Daniel Bye writes:
>
> >  >  I have a Logitech i-Touch keyboard; standard 104 (or whatever
> >  > it is these days) setup plus a dozen extra buttons and two dials.
> >  >  Great product.
> >  >  It would be even greater if
> >  >  a) I could get X to register/comunicate all the extra stuff
> >
> >  >  Has anyone seen this done?  I'd dearly loce to be able to use
> >  > the little dial by the TAB key for volume control in xmms.
> >
> >  To find out what keycodes your extra keys are bound to, run
> >  xev(1) from an Xterm or similar. With your mouse pointer over the
> >  little window that pops up, hit each extra key you are interested
> >  in and make a note of its keycode value.
>
>       We can stop right here: nothing gets reported.

Absolutely nothing? Hmm. Never seen that before...

A few minutes' googling suggests that you might get on better with
a different keyboard model in your xorg.conf. What's it currently
set to? Mine is

Option "XkbModel" "pc101"

Try looking for your keyboard in /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.lst
and try the model name in the first column.

Apart from that, I have no idea, sorry.

Dan

--
Daniel Bye