On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:19:26PM -0500, Louis LeBlanc wrote:

> Here's what I see in the procmail output:
> procmail: Executing "spamassassin,-a,-P"
> Can't locate object method "splitpath" via package "File::Spec" at
>/usr/local/bin/spamassassin line 18.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/spamassassin line 38.
> procmail: Program failure (2) of "spamassassin"
> procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
>
> I know this is some kind of perl error, but I'm still quite a ways
> from guru status where that's concerned.  I've tried a few things, but
> I can't get this working.

You're using perl-5.005.03 as bundled with FreeBSD, and consequently
an older version of the File::Spec module.  That's something that
keeps popping up in various places.

You can tell what version of File::Spec you're using by:

    % perl -MFile::Spec -e 'print "$File::Spec::VERSION\n";'

I can tell you that spamassassin works without complaint using version
0.82 (as bundled with perl-5.6.1) or version 0.83 (as bundled with
perl-5.8.0).

You can install the devel/p5-File-Spec port to get version 0.82 for
the bundled perl, which should sort things out for you.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Savill Way