connectivity to various database engines. This design works without
problems on a variety of platforms and with a variety of database
client libraries, but causes a segfault with Firebird on FreeBSD:

#0  0x28514fe4 in ?? ()
#1  0x281507c3 in __cxa_finalize () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0x281503fe in exit () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0x0804a40f in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfbfe754) at test_dbi.c:419

The application crashes when exit() is called. Googling told me that
__cxa_finalize () is invoked by atexit(). Our drivers and apps do not
use this function, but the firebird client libraries do:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/prog/libdbi-drivers/tests# grep atexit /usr/local/lib/libfb*
Binary file /usr/local/lib/libfbclient.so matches
Binary file /usr/local/lib/libfbembed.so matches

Googling also told me that the conflict between atexit() and dlopen()
on FreeBSD is a known problem, see e.g.:

http://www.imagemagick.org/pipermail/magick-developers/2006-March/002523.html

Is there anything I can do about this from my end?

regards,
Markus
--
Markus Hoenicka