Jonathan Horne wrote:
well, the part i didnt mention before, was the method behind the madness. its actually a jail-host, with 3 jails running. my intention, is to keep the latest of kde, gnome, and xfce built on each, and just remotely attach to (or forward) its x session from my main workstation. i vision it basically working just like when i sit down to my workstation, and type 'startx'.

cheers,
Hmmm well may I ask why you want such a setup ? The only advantages I can see are to keep your main-workstation free of the builds for your WMs and the fact that your main system remains somewhat cleaner. But I doubt it will weigh up against the time-costs for your X11 forwarding ? Or am I missing something ?

Regards,

--
-Frank Staals