Hi,

Maxim Khitrov wrote:
On Dec 30, 2007 12:31 PM, Darren Spruell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Dec 30, 2007 9:52 AM, Maxim Khitrov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I then installed dnsmasq, which is able to read domain info from the
hosts file. Just for the fun of it, I loaded domains from all the
sources I've gathered into a separate hosts file - a total of 155,150
entries. Dnsmasq loaded that file and has been running for several
minutes now. It's currently taking up a total of 17MB! Now granted, it
doesn't need to deal with whole zone files, but this still goes to
show the level of efficiency that can be achieved in theory even with
this many entries.

this sounds like a perfect solution for me too. I will have to try this next year.

Erich