I've been running imap-UW on FreeBSD 6.x STABLE for a while. Clients are mostly Thunderbird, TREOs and Horde (running on the same box.

I'm having issues when multiple clients try to access the same user's mailbox. Typically the TREO will do a scheduled check for new mail while Thunderbird has it already open. Research indicates that this is a limitation of the UW imapd implementation.

Can anyone recommend a good and secure imapd implementation that won't require a ton of reconfiguration? Mostly I'd like the replacement to be able to use all the existing end-user imap folders and mail spools. All users have accounts and mail spools on the box. There's no virtual users or database authentication backends to deal with.

       TIA     ...jgm