Am Dienstag, 1. Januar 2008 14:15:40 schrieb O. Hartmann:
> I use OpenOffice 2.3.1 on several hardwareplatforms running FreeBSD
> 7.0-PRE/AMD64 and since I upgraded OpenOffice from OO 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 I
> have massive problems, rendering OO unusuable! Before doing a PR I would
> like to aks whethere there is a solution out.
> Whenever I try to save a document in OO writer, OO gets stuck and I have
> to kill it. The document gets saved, but I never can load it again
> without rendering OO unusuable. Opening M$ Word docs or OO docs doesn't
> matter.

Just to chime in: the problem has been identical for me since I upgraded to 
FreeBSD 7 some two months ago. Any OpenOffice.org build I did (2.3.0 and 
2.3.1) fails to save and load any form of documents with the exact same 
symptoms that you describe (i.e., the UI not being responsive anymore after 
trying to save or load from a file).

I used the Sun JDK source build (1.5) to compile OpenOffice.org, not the 
Diablo JDK by the way, and if anybody is willing to look at this problem 
deeper, search this list to see a post of mine where I attached gdb to the 
running (and hung) OpenOffice.org process and gave a backtrace of where the 
(100%) CPU time is being spent. IIRC it was in some input filter, but I don't 
really know anymore.

I've since moved on to KOffice, but if there's some fix for this, I'm more 
than happy to try it out.

-- 
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development
_______________________________________________
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to