Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wrote:
Am Dienstag, 1. Januar 2008 14:15:40 schrieb O. Hartmann:
I use OpenOffice 2.3.1 on several hardwareplatforms running FreeBSD
7.0-PRE/AMD64 and since I upgraded OpenOffice from OO 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 I
have massive problems, rendering OO unusuable! Before doing a PR I would
like to aks whethere there is a solution out.
Whenever I try to save a document in OO writer, OO gets stuck and I have
to kill it. The document gets saved, but I never can load it again
without rendering OO unusuable. Opening M$ Word docs or OO docs doesn't

Just to chime in: the problem has been identical for me since I upgraded to FreeBSD 7 some two months ago. Any OpenOffice.org build I did (2.3.0 and 2.3.1) fails to save and load any form of documents with the exact same symptoms that you describe (i.e., the UI not being responsive anymore after trying to save or load from a file).

I used the Sun JDK source build (1.5) to compile OpenOffice.org, not the Diablo JDK by the way, and if anybody is willing to look at this problem deeper, search this list to see a post of mine where I attached gdb to the running (and hung) OpenOffice.org process and gave a backtrace of where the (100%) CPU time is being spent. IIRC it was in some input filter, but I don't really know anymore.

I've since moved on to KOffice, but if there's some fix for this, I'm more than happy to try it out.

Try upgrading your ports, it worked for me on i386.

freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to