Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

Thank You!

I tried getting flash to work in FreeBSD so many times and failed.
It wasn't a big deal but it was annoying to have to boot into another system if there is content I needed to see that happens to be flash.

I'm running FreeBSD 7 Beta4.

I just did what you said:
cd /usr/ports/www/linux-flashplugin7
make config-recursive install clean
nspluginwrapper -v -a -i

After that a flash content was playing in firefox.
Unfortunately my AudigyLS soundcard only works with oss, which is having some problems now, so I was not able to verify that sound works well.

By the way, I had some problems installing flash7 from ports a few days ago.
It didn't like the size of the file and would fail even if you downloaded from Adobe and copied to ports/disfiles. I later did a 'portsnap fetch update' that must have gotten updated makefiles and fixed that problems. Anybody else with that issue should try updating the ports collection.