Lars Kristiansen wrote:
Chris Whitehouse skrev:
Rob wrote:
Chris Whitehouse wrote:
I have a Windows executable file (.exe) which in a Windows environment would be run to extract some files which it contains. Is there any way I can extract the files on my FreeBSD system? I've tried unzip, gunzip and archivers/upx with various extensions, zip, exe, gz etc but they all

There are many types of self-extracting archive files under windows. If it's one that's based on PKZip, then there's a good chance you could get it with 7-Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/ Otherwise, you need a windoze system or emulator I suspect.

  -Rob

Someone else suggested 7-zip as well but still no joy. I don't think it's worth installing Wine just for this so it's time to find a windows box

Was the result with 7zip negative?
http://www.freshports.org/archivers/p7zip/

Unfortunately yes:

%p7zip -d iata78_enu.exe
/usr/local/bin/p7zip: iata78_enu.exe: unknown suffix
%mv iata78_enu.exe iata78_enu.7z
%p7zip -d iata78_enu.7z

7-Zip (A) 4.57  Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Igor Pavlov  2007-12-06
p7zip Version 4.57 (locale=en_GB.ISO8859-15,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)

Processing archive: iata78_enu.7z

Error: Can not open file as archive

%

Chris