hi all there,

just want to mention, that my problem is solved. Maybe anyone is interested.
Freebsd wants to detect the keyboard automatically, not a good thing with an kvm switch.

Just search the line :
device atkbd0 at atkbdc? flags 0x100
this is your keyboard. The falg does the detection, simply delete "flags 0x100" ... compile
your kernel...everything will work fine.

daniel

Daniel Graupner schrieb:

Hey there,

i'm using a kvm-switch which simply multiplexes keyboard and monitor between 2 workstations.
After installing freebsd, the following problem occured:

- keyboard-interaction during boot (kernel) is possible
- after boot-stage my keyboard is "dead"

any ideas??

thanx, daniel.