Schiz0 wrote:
On Jan 8, 2008 7:51 PM, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Schiz0 wrote:
On Jan 8, 2008 7:33 PM, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Schiz0 wrote:
Hey,

I recently upgraded from 6.3-PRERELEASE to 7.0-PRERELEASE

# uname -a
FreeBSD Mercury 7.0-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-PRERELEASE #0: Tue Jan  8
15:07:49 EST 2008
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SCHIZ0NET_MERCURY  i38

Now, whenever I run any various commands, I get various errors:

# vim
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libncurses.so.6" not found,
required by "vim"
# portupgrade
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.3" not found,
required by "ruby18"
# bash
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libncurses.so.6" not found,
required by "bash"
And so on...

It had me locked out at first because my default shell is bash. But I
got it working with /bin/csh now.

So. Apparently I'm missing some shared objects. Can anyone shed any
light on the issue? Or guide me on how to fix it?
Part of the upgrade that you omitted was to install new 7.0 versions of
your installed ports.  portupgrade -fa or -faP.

Kris

The only problem with that is I'm unable to run portupgrade :-\

# portupgrade -fa
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypt.so.3" not found,
required by "ruby18"

So do I have to deinstall and reinstall portupgrade (and the ports
that it depends on)?
Well if you just did the upgrade then you should still have the old
libraries to use as an interim measure while you rebuild.  How did you
go about upgrading, and can you think of anything you did that may have
deleted them?

Kris

I think I know exactly what I did..

Would "make delete-old-libs" cause it?

Yes, exactly so. You can install the compat6x port to reinstall the old libraries.

Kris