On 09/01/2008, at 5:26 AM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

There is no directive, but you can edit the resultant .cf file
and remove the line
C{E}root
or root from that line if more than one user.

Be warned, you _will_ break /etc/crontab and periodic scripts mail delivery.

The reason it needs to be exposed is probably these scripts because other wise the from address for daily security scripts will be root@<masquerade> rather than [EMAIL PROTECTED] Now, it so happens that most of these e-mails have the machine name in the subject or what not.

I guess I will just try not exposing root and see what happens..

I don't really see why the crontab and periodic mail would
get broken though? Other than it having the wrong host in
the From: field, the subject line would still say the correct
host..

Or will it break it in some other way?

Cheers,
J.