On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:46:33 -0600
Shawn Barnhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Paul Schmehl wrote:
> > It should, because it calls this:
> >
> > .if defined(WITH_SASL2)
> > LIB_DEPENDS+=           sasl2.2:${PORTSDIR}/security/cyrus-sasl2
> > POSTFIX_CCARGS+=        -DUSE_SASL_AUTH -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL
> > -I${LOCALBASE}/include -I${LOCALBASE}/include/sasl
> > POSTFIX_AUXLIBS+=       -L${LOCALBASE}/lib -lsasl2 -lpam -lcrypt
> > .endif
> >
> > Yes, you need to install saslauthd, however, if you checked the
> > OPTION when you installed Postfix, it's most likely already
> > installed.  You *also* need to enable saslauthd in /etc/rc.conf:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/ports/mail/postfix]# grep sasl /etc/rc.conf
> > saslauthd_enable="YES"
> > saslauthd_flags=" -a pam -n 2"
> >
> > (This uses /etc/passwd through pam, btw.)
> >
> > Look at /usr/local/etc/rc.d/saslauthd.sh for the options and flags
> > available or read man (8) saslauthd.
> >

> Either I'm totally fubar, or the ports snapshot I have is braindead
> as I did select the SASL option when I built postfix and I have sasl
> libs in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/sasl2 but none of the other
> sasl components are installed.  No saslauthd in /usr/local/etc/rc.d,
> no manpage, just libraries mentioned above, and my postfix smtpd does
> appear to have a sasl library run-time dependency per ldd.
>
> Is the better fix to manually re-install the same Cyrus sasl port or
> deinstall both it and postfix and rebuild postfix with the sasl
> option and hope I get a complete build?

It has been awhile; however, if I remember correctly, the 'saslauthd'
daemon is not installed by Postfix. I think you are confusing this with
SASL in general. You might want to read the 'Complete Book of Postfix"
for further information on getting SASL up and running. BTW, unless it
has changes, 'saslauthd' only handles plain text authentication.

--

Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A chronic disposition to inquiry
deprives domestic felines of vital qualities.