Hello all,

I'd like to have a shell menu on my system that gives them available programs they can learn, but that also "learns" from ports/packages which options are available. (I.e. it won't list every "branch" port, but will list things from, say, editors, games, and possibly only "certain" things from graphics (for example I'd like to list imagemagick's commands and/or man page), but not gd (since gd is useless from a shell context).

Has anyone written something like this?  Or even close to?

-Dan Mahoney

--

"It's like GTA, except you pay for it, and you're allowed to use the car."

-Josh, on Zipcar on-demand car-rental, 3/20/05