I just executed 'pkg_delete -a' to delete all packages and do a clean
reinstall.  (World and kernel were updated this morning.)

Pkg_delete was unable to completely remove certain files and directories
under /usr/local.  Since I have backed-up all user data under /usr/local
(web pages and postgresql databases) deleted all packages, is it safe to
delete everything that remains under /usr/local?  I have an archived copy of
/usr/local/etc for reference during reinstallation.

Thanks,

Andrew